House Production / Why Ostby House?
- The houses are designed and built in accordance with the latest Scandinavian technology. Scandinavia is the world leader in wooden housing panel technology, with a successful 100-year history.
- Only the best materials are used, all with full EU certificate, guaranteeing conformity and quality.
- House production strictly adheres to the detailed design drawings approved by the customer. Production only begins when Ostby receives customer approval for technical drawings, and when the designs comply with the relevant national regulations.
- A quality assurance document is signed off for every single panel produced. Ostby keeps detailed document archives on each house, for up to two years.
- Ostby’s house construction elements can be produced within 2 weeks (after initial 4 weeks for technical drawings and design approval). Construction takes place inside the fully controlled factory environment. This avoids the delays caused by bad weather, a common problem with brick houses.
- The factory has a strategic location 15 km from Riga capital city and Riga port, 5 km from Riga International airport, and adjacent to all main Latvian road networks. This allows for fast delivery of materials and product.
- Ostby uses highly energy-efficient wall and roof construction technology. These are 4x more energy efficient than brick or concrete walls of the same thickness. A wooden frame house will consume 20-30% less energy than a comparable concrete or brick house.
- Wooden panels are ideal for constructing passive houses (ultra-low energy buildings that require little energy for heating or cooling ). With a concrete house it is virtually impossible to fulfil all the requirements of a passive house.
- Wooden panels are lightweight, so the house foundations can be lighter. The load-bearing requirement for a wooden foundation is 10x less than for a brick or concrete house.
- The team has many years of experience in manufacturing housing panels for different European markets and standards.
- Ostby is very flexible in offering price proposals and innovative solutions, according to the individual requirements of each client.
- The team can respond quickly to new orders, so tight construction deadlines are achievable.
- Ostby can use different types of wall components within the wooden frames, including a whole range of insulation materials, boards, windows, doors and more.
- Latvian labour and wood costs are 250% and 25% lower respectively when compared to other European Union countries.
- Latvia is a EU member state, so sales to other EU companies (with an official EU VAT number) have no Value Added Tax element for sales, and all payments to Ostby are VAT 0%